Wednesday, December 12, 2007


Hey, Gabrielle, I'm coming down the home stretch on the mittens!

And for all of you who don't know; Gabrielle sent me this pretty rainbow-dyed alpaca singles yarn and I spun and dyed the blue/purple background color, and now, a long time later, I'm actually thinking I might finish this little (not so little!) project. That's my home-grown chart in the background; why oh why couldn't I have just knit some Norwegian mitten pattern that someone else had already worked out?? I think it was something to do with row gauge....whatever. Its nearly in my past now!

And the next project won't be so tiny and fiddly, either! I've been surveying my stash for bulky weight yarn...and I found this grey three ply I spun many moons ago, from a friend's pet sheep's fleece.

In preparation for making the grey into something very warm, I have dyed again today.

I'm not yet quite sure where I'm going with this, but I like the colors, so I'm on my way.

1 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are absolutely gorgeous! That pattern and companion yarn make my yarn shine.

I'm embarking on a set of Fairisle mittens myself, very soon. Hope they turn out half as great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home