Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Oh, the Horror of It


You might remember this horrible, nightmarish image from a few week ago; the handiwork of a bored kitten while we were away on a trip. Well, what with blowing ornaments and paperweights and whatnot for the holiday season in the evenings and starting a new part time job during some of the days, I've been so busy it was a simple matter to exercise my right to denial, and just pretend this never happened.

That was an excellent plan, as far as it went. But suddenly I came down with a little cold, and found myself needing a fiber project. I turned to my beautiful and trusty spinning wheel, and....found this. It looked exactly the same as it had looked when I discovered this mess! How dare it!!??


If anything, it looked even more kittened!

It was time to take back control of my spinning wheel! It was time to face the music. (the faint of heart should probably turn away for the next part)

I attempted to unwind the snarl. No go. I attempted to follow an end, re-arranging the kittened singles all snarled out of order on the bobbin. Nope.

I got out my scissors, and did some surgery. And this the kicker; still no go!! I did my best, unwinding lots of tiny little singles, until I knew for sure I was about to unwind the whole bobbin before getting to the other two cut ends! A nightmare! This was the best I could do. Yes, three ends. On one bobbin. Three.

Did I mention that I haven't particularly been enjoying this tiny-merino-singles spinning project? Sigh.

Then I turned to my left, pointed my camera at the floor, and tried not to faint as I took this picture:

That's a heaping two cups or so of pathetic, sad, nicely spun, excellent quality merino.

Sigh.

Then I turned the other way and took a picture of our little culprit.

She looks so innocent, doesn't she?

2 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In between her bouts of demonic action, she is looking more and more mature and sedate. Is this progress?

(J)

 
At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, honey! That sucks. But I have to say I love the idea of measuring merino in cups :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home