Wednesday, June 07, 2006

One Skein Secret Pal Skeins


Wow, wow, wow. This is so fun!!

I decided on a little bit of a whim to join the One Skein Secret Pal Yarn Excahange...there are various kinds of Secret Pal exchanges, but with all the complicating factors in my life right now I don't feel like I can take on the responsibility of spoiling someone thoroughly for three months.

Then I read about this One Skein thing...you send your secret pal a single skein of yarn in June, another in July, and a home made project you make from one skein in August. What with all the yarn I'm spinning and knitting this season, it seemed like I could probably pretty easily come up with those skeins and a small knitted project. I love giving gifts, so I knew this would be fun for me.

What I totally didn't expect is how completely great it is to know someone is trying to figure out what to send you as a gift!! And this is what my secret pal sent me for June! Now is probably a good time to remind you that this is a one skein exchange...and I'm sure you can see that there is indeed one huge skein, but also a good sized ball as well! And its all beautifully handspun! What could be better? Not even to mention the glitzy blending fibers. Oh boy!! I have such a generous secret pal! This yarn is merino and alpaca! mmmm. And such pretty colors.

And for the lawyers in the bunch, no, I haven't sent my own pal her June skein yet. I've been deliberating on what to send, and haven't gotten it all together yet. But I know she knows I'm thinking about her because I keep asking her questions about what she likes. So I have a plan. Really. Also, I do have the August gift underway...since I'm spinning for it, I knew I'd better start as soon as I knew what I wanted to make for her. But I'm not telling what it is, just in case she somehow figures out who I am.

And to MY secret pal, who does know who I am, but who is anonymous to me, THANK YOU!!!! I love the yarn! I'm going to make a snuggly pillow cover with it, I think, because its so soft and I need a snuggle-in-bed-reading pillow. And I just know that some of that blending fiber will work its way into something great one of these days too.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 AM, Blogger Amy said...

I'm way jealous of that glitz, lady! Glitz, silk noils, nylon, and tussah top are on my to-buy list. Just waiting till I see something that stops my heart with its beautifully low price.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home