Thursday, May 18, 2006

Roving, how I wronged thee!

I take back all the mean things I said about the rovings I dyed last Sunday. Well, almost everything. One of the batches is still plagued by a much rustier brown than I had in mind, but it's nothing a judicious overdye won't fix.

Marmajade Pale Dawn Sea Change Rusted out Ice Cream Truck
Sweet Jade Deep Sea Melon Mutation First Flush
Click any of the thumbnails for a larger view.


Mr. Ugly is on the far right, top row, if you were wondering. On the wheel right now is First Flush, the roving that I said was going to be brown and muddy. That's her on the lower right corner. Sometimes I like being wrong, and this is one of those times.

First Flush, ready to spin First Flush, yet again.


A couple entries ago, I couldn't find the will to spin, and now I resent everything I have to do that keeps me away from my wheel. Ahh, the power of color to inspire!

5 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Sam said...

beautiful! will you ply this or use it as a spectacular single?

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Sam--this one will be plied, but I think I'll have enough left to make a single out of it, too.

I really love knitting lace stuff with handspun singles. There's a gorgeous, subtle (or not-so-subtle, sometimes) striping that happens that I adore.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Martha said...

Gorgeous, Amy!! Makes me need to go spin something! Or maybe dye something!

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't fiber surprises wonderful! I think that is why i love spinning so much. The colors are beautiful and love the catchy names!

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*chuckles at the name 'Rusted out ice cream truck'* That was cute. I like it. Maybe it'll warm up on you?? I've yet to dye rovings.. right now I'm just learning to spin with a spindle. Maybe next year I'll get a wheel. I like what I'm seeing on this blog.. Keep it up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home